Cognitive Psychology, Fourth Edition / Robert J. Sternberg, Yale University. Available May 2005, 624 pp. 2-color. Thomson/Wadsworth. ISBN:0534514219 http://newtexts.com/newtexts/book.cfm?book_id=2783
New to this Edition
- Jeff Mio of California State University-Pomona has contributed applications that
provide consistently practical and applied material for students.
- Readability has been greatly increased through sentence-by-sentence editing.
- The brain chapter has been further refined and focused on cognitive processes,
making it more user-friendly. Further, there is better integration of cognitive
neuroscience throughout the book in later chapters.
- The Cognitive Development chapter has been placed within the language chapter,
based on reviewer feedback that this is a more appropriate fit for the topic.
- The art program has been improved in this edition.
- In this edition, every chapter ends with a reprise of the common themes, so the
student can see how the major ideas of the chapter relate to the themes introduced
early in the book.